Art Education Certification
Are you interested in Art Education? To attain art education certification through Eastern, students must do the following:
1. Register as an Elementary Education or Early Childhood Major AND as a Visual Arts Major
2. After completing 45 credits of course work, apply to the Elementary or Early Childhood education major/certification program. Once you are accepted, you are a double major. To apply to the program you need 1100 or higher in SAT Verbal and Math. If you do not meet this requirement, you must take the Praxis I exams in reading, writing, and math.
3. When you are about to complete your coursework, take the Praxis II exams in the area of your certification (Early Childhood or Elementary)
4. Apply to take the Praxis II for Art.
5. When you have successfully completed your Early Childhood or Elementary certification and Praxis II exam for Art, you then need to apply to the State of CT Certification Bureau for cross-endorsement in Art.
After successfully completing these steps you are certified to teach Elementary or Early Childhood Education and Art Education.
Elementary (Grades 1-6) Education Certification and Art Education (PK-12)
Early Childhood Education (Grades PK-3) Certification and Art Education (PK-12)
THIS PATH IS MOST APPROPRIATE FOR THOSE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN TEACHING PK-6.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Jeanelle Day, PhD Professor & Chair
Education Department, Webb 129
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street, Willimantic, CT 06226