Student Profile: Olivia Provey ’14

Olivia Provey

Olivia Provey, Printmaking, 2014
Olivi Provey Printable pdf

I chose to go to Eastern because it was affordable for me as well close enough to home to visit on the weekends. However, I also loved Eastern’s campus and was drawn to Willimantic’s distinct character with its Victorian houses and sidewalks throughout the town.

I chose to be a Visual Arts major because of my lifetime passion for creating art.
I could not imagine myself studying anything else.

I think the greatest thing I found at Eastern in the Visual Arts Department was the friendships I made. Being in a studio setting with a small group of students sharing a love for art gave a sense of community and an opportunity to help each other grow, push ourselves and share ideas while laughing the entire time!

I believe that the majority of the professors in the Art department are extremely inspirational and wonderful mentors and because of this I was given the tools to succeed in my discipline. I have had experiences with teachers who seemed to be totally uninterested and unenthusiastic about what they were teaching and as a result left myself and other students feeling the same way. I have never seen this with my Visual Arts professors, their positive and creative presence is the greatest guidance for me as a student.

Specifically, the professors in my concentration are always available, often finding time for me and other students outside of class to help with projects.