Student Profile: Olivia Provey ’14

Olivia Provey

Olivia Provey, Printmaking, 2014
Olivi Provey Printable pdf

I chose to go to Eastern because it was affordable for me as well close enough to home to visit on the weekends. However, I also loved Eastern’s campus and was drawn to Willimantic’s distinct character with its Victorian houses and sidewalks throughout the town.

I chose to be a Visual Arts major because of my lifetime passion for creating art.
I could not imagine myself studying anything else.

I think the greatest thing I found at Eastern in the Visual Arts Department was the friendships I made. Being in a studio setting with a small group of students sharing a love for art gave a sense of community and an opportunity to help each other grow, push ourselves and share ideas while laughing the entire time!

I believe that the majority of the professors in the Art department are extremely inspirational and wonderful mentors and because of this I was given the tools to succeed in my discipline. I have had experiences with teachers who seemed to be totally uninterested and unenthusiastic about what they were teaching and as a result left myself and other students feeling the same way. I have never seen this with my Visual Arts professors, their positive and creative presence is the greatest guidance for me as a student.

Specifically, the professors in my concentration are always available, often finding time for me and other students outside of class to help with projects.

This entry was posted in Student Profiles. Bookmark the permalink.