Co-Chairs: Yale University Office of Sustainability and the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University
Vision: To empower sustainability actions in Connecticut’s higher education institutions
Mission: Assist with the collaboration between Connecticut’s higher education institutions including, public, private and other campus-based education providers.
- The Yale Office of Sustainability and the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University will serve as conveners, communicators, catalysts, and consensus builders.
- The Alliance will be designed to serve as a network that encourages greater coordination and cooperation on sustainability issues at the local and state levels among Connecticut institutions of higher education.
- The primary purpose of this collaboration is to share information, foster partnerships, and develop system-wide strategies to address climate change and adaptation, local and regional resiliency, energy efficiency and renewable energy, storm water and water management, land use, and other sustainability related issues.
- The Alliance will promote the efficient and effective use of existing statewide resources.
- The Alliance will collaborate to develop new resources to support the higher education community.
For more information:
Contact Laura Miller, 860-465-0254. Connecticut public and private higher education institutions and partner agencies are invited to join our CT Alliance for Campus Sustainability listserv. The purpose of the listserv is to facilitate networking, information sharing, and collaboration among Connecticut’s campuses. Liserv members may post questions and requests for information from campus peers in addition to sharing information about events, policies, best practices, and celebrations of sustainability actions in the state.