Connecticut Alliance for Campus Sustainability
Co-Chairs: Yale University Office of Sustainability and the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University
Vision: To empower sustainability actions in Connecticut’s higher education institutions
Mission: Assist with the collaboration between Connecticut’s higher education institutions including, public, private and other campus-based education providers.
- The Yale Office of Sustainability and the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University will serve as conveners, communicators, catalysts, and consensus builders.
- The Alliance will be designed to serve as a network that encourages greater coordination and cooperation on sustainability issues at the local and state levels among Connecticut institutions of higher education.
- The primary purpose of this collaboration is to share information, foster partnerships, and develop system-wide strategies to address climate change and adaptation, local and regional resiliency, energy efficiency and renewable energy, storm water and water management, land use, and other sustainability related issues.
- The Alliance will promote the efficient and effective use of existing statewide resources.
- The Alliance will collaborate to develop new resources to support the higher education community.
For more information:
Contact Laura Miller, 860-465-0254. Connecticut public and private higher education institutions and partner agencies are invited to join our CT Alliance for Campus Sustainability listserve.
Check back soon.