Social Work Program Outcomes
Eastern’s Social Work Program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) which is the national accrediting body for baccalaureate and masters programs in social work. We are one of 480 accredited baccalaureate programs nationally. For information about accreditation see: www.cswe.org/Accreditation.aspx
Eastern’s Social Work Program is publicly posting its achievement of benchmarks that demonstrate the quality of our educational program.
Readiness for Graduate Study:
53% of graduating social work students complete masters degrees within two-six years post graduation (National Student Clearinghouse).
87% of entering junior social work majors graduated with a BA within two years of entering the major. 95% graduated within four years.
Based upon multiple measures which include internship assessment by social work field instructors, classroom faculty assessment of course assignments, and nationally normed tests, we expect that students will achieve competency in 80% of all measures in each competency:
- Benchmark 2.1.1 Identify as a professional social worker – ACHIEVED (92%)
- Benchmark 2.1.2 Apply ethical principles – ACHIEVED (85%)
- Benchmark 2.1.3 Apply critical thinking – ACHIEVED (100%)
- Benchmark 2.1.4 Engage diversity in practice – ACHIEVED (80%)
- Benchmark 2.1.5 Advance human rights and social and economic justice – ACHIEVED (89%)
- Benchmark 2.1.6 Engage research informed practice / practice informed research – ACHIEVED (80%)
- Benchmark 2.1.7 Apply human behavior knowledge – ACHIEVED (80%)
- Benchmark 2.1.8 Engage policy practice to advance well-being and deliver services 71% achieved
- Benchmark 2.1.9 Respond to practice contexts – ACHIEVED (100%)
- Benchmark 2.1.10 Engage, assess, intervene and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities – ACHIEVED (90%)
- Practice engagement – ACHIEVED (100%)
- Practice assessment – ACHIEVED (100%)
- Practice intervention – ACHIEVED (93%)
- Practice evaluation – ACHIEVED (66%)