THERE ARE NO TIMELY WARNINGS IN EFFECT AT THIS TIME!
Please use caution especially when out at night. Always practice safe traveling measures both on and off campus. Walk with a partner whenever you can and let someone know where you are going. As always, be vigilant and watchful of suspicious behavior or individuals on campus and notify Campus Police if you see something occurring that seems to be out of the ordinary.
There are no crime advisories at this time!
FOR PARKING INFORMATION CALL 860-465-5502 (55502 FROM CAMPUS).
PLEASE TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR TWO
MOVE-IN DAYS AND HOW THEY WILL AFFECT PARKING ON CAMPUS.
Residential move-in begins Saturday, August 29th (Freshman & Transfers) and Sunday, August 30th (Upper Class Students). Please follow specific directions from HOUSING on when you should be moving onto campus.
FOR STUDENTS ALREADY ON CAMPUS, FACULTY, STAFF (including Housing Staff).
PARKING BAN-NO PARKING ZONES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED FROM AUGUST 28TH AT 10:00 P.M. THRU AUGUST 30TH 7:00 P.M.!
- A PARKING BAN begins Friday evening, 8/28/15 at 10:00 p.m. and lasts until Sunday, 8/30/15 at 7:00 p.m.
- The ban is for all residential lots and includes housing staff and students.
- After dropping off their property near their residence hall, students should immediately move their vehicles to one of the parking garages.
- Overflow parking if needed is available at the Athletic Complex (Ball Field) Lot.
FOR EVERYONE-CAMPUS ACCESS DURING MOVE-IN
The Windham St. Extension will be closed for campus entry to facilitate the volume of move in traffic. This is necessary to avoid traffic jams in this area. You may still exit campus using Windham St. Access to campus during move-in will be from both of the High St. entrances only. You may experience minor delays on High St. during the peak periods. We will make every effort to get everyone onto campus as quickly as possible.
FRESHMAN/TRANSFER MOVE-IN PARKING
- There is NO PARKING on the 1st Floor of the Shakespeare Garage on Saturday, August 29, 2014. This area is reserved for families actively unloading items for Freshman/Transfers to move into their residential halls.
- After dropping off items for move-in, families may use both garages (except Shakespeare 1st Floor) to park and then assist their student in their assigned residential hall.
SEMESTER CAMPUS PARKING
***VERY IMPORTANT 2015 PARKING UPDATES***
- (NEW) The ramp between floors 1 & 2 in the Shakespeare Garage is for Faculty and Staff only. The 2nd floor of the Shakespeare Garage will continue to be for Faculty/Staff and Commuter Parking only. There is no residential permit or overnight parking allowed on the ramp to the second floor and the 2 floor of the Shakespeare Garage. Please note that the Cervantes Garage has ample residential parking available.
- (NEW) A new lot located on the Windham St. Ext. “Laurel Lot” will be open for resident permit parking and holds about 20 vehicles.
- The 4th floor of both garages is open to anyone with a University Parking Permit. Overnight parking is also allowed on the 4th floors between April 1st at 12:00 a.m. to December 1st at 12:00 a.m. There is no overnight parking on the 4th floor of either garage between December 1st at 12:00 a.m. and April 1st at 12:00 a.m. There is also no parking on the 4th floor of either garage during snow storms & Parking Bans.
- 10 Minute Loading/Unloading Zones in any lot will be strictly enforced.
Welcome To Campus! Please take a minute to visit our Parking Information Page for the latest move-in updates.