MAT 155P – PreCalculus Mathematics Plus
MAT 155P Course Description
This course offers integrated just-in-time Intermediate through College Algebra support. Further study of functions, inverse functions, exponential and logarithmic functions will precede the study of trigonometry and analytic geometry. The use and mastery of graphing technology is an essential aspect of the course. This course is for STEM disciplines only.
Course Pre-requisite: Placement at this level or Completion of MAT 099
Credits: 5 (all of which count towards graduation)
MAT 155P Chapter Summaries for Textbook
The chapter summaries are intended to make you aware of the mathematical skills you should be able to perform and apply.
- Chapter P Prerequisites Fundamental Concepts of Algebra 1 Summary
- Chapter 1 Functions and Graphs Summary
- Chapter 2 Polynomial and Rational Functions Summary
- Chapter 3 Exponential and Logarithmic Functions Summary
- Chapter 4 Trigonometric Functions Summary
- Chapter 5 Analytic Trigonometry Summary
- MAT 155P Chapter P Formulas
- MAT 155P Chapter 1 Formulas
- MAT 155P Chapter 2 Formulas
- MAT 155P Chapter 3 Formulas
- MAT 155P Chapter 4 Formulas
- MAT 155P Chapter 5 Formulas
There are two delivery methods for the technology assignments. One method uses problems selected directly from the textbook. The second method uses problems delivered in the online course management system, MyLab & Mastering (instructors contact me for code). Your instructor will inform you of their delivery method of choice.
The problems selected directly from the textbook are located below.
- MAT 155P Chapter P Technology Assignment
- MAT 155P Chapter 1 Technology Assignment
- MAT 155P Chapter 2 Technology Assignment
- MAT 155P Chapter 3 Technology Assignment
- MAT 155P Chapter 4 Technology Assignment
Graphing Calculator Information
This area provides you with assistance with using your graphing calculator.
Links to Videos, Online Worksheets, Study Sheets and Notes
- www.mathtv.com is a comprehensive library of online video support that includes videos by topic and tutorials for every example in the textbook. Videos are mobile phone ready, many are closed captioned and all feature both instructor and student presenters.
- PreAlgebra and Algebra videos all stored on youtube and are approximately five minutes long.
- Hippocampus provides videos, animations, and simulations.
- Khan Academy Arithmetic and PreAlgebra provides videos.
- Khan Academy Algebra provides videos.
- www.onlinemathlearning.com multipurpose math help providing lessons, videos and worksheets by grades and topics.
- Pauls Online Math Notes provides online math tutorials, study sheets and notes.
- Middlesex Community College provides videos.
- Mathispower 4u Tutorials provides videos.
- OpenAlgebra provides worksheets, videos and interactives.
Websites Below Have Limited Access to Free Videos
- www.educator.com Basic Math provides videos.
- www.educator.com PreAlgebra provides videos.
- www.educator.com Algebra 1 provides videos.
- www.educator.com Algebra 2 provides videos.
Math in the Real World
Math is used throughout the world in both STEM and non-STEM disciplines. The following are links to formulas used in various disciplines.
- Accounting Formulas 1
- Accounting Formulas 2
- Economics Formulas 1
- Economics Formulas 2
- Mathematics in Sports
- Nursing 1
- Nursing 2
- Physical Science Tables Formulas and Equations
- Physics Formulas
- The Social Security Benefit Formula
- We Use Math
- GeoGebra is an interactive algebra, geometry and calculus application.
- Maxima is a computer algebra system.
- WolframAlpha is an online service that answers factual inquiries directly by computing the answer.
MAT 155P Instructor Resources
Spring 2015 Departmental Mathematics Achievement Center Participation Policy Deadlines
Students are required to complete the first 9 hours by the close of the MAC on Friday, February 27, 2015 and the remaining 9 hours by the closing of the MAC on Friday, April 24, 2015.
Note that students will receive credit for a maximum of 3 hours per day in the MAC. Students are welcome to stay as long as they wish, but they will only receive credit for 3 hours.
Technology Assignments Reminder
There are two delivery methods for the technology assignments. One method uses problems selected directly from the textbook. The second method uses problems delivered in the online course management system, MyLab & Mastering (instructors contact me for code). Instructors need to inform their students of their delivery method of choice. The problems selected directly from the textbook are located above under the heading, Technology Assignments.