Student Discipline History Release Policy
If you are a student or former student:
- You must provide us with a completed and signed Dean Certification/Disciplinary Release form well in advance of your deadline. Forms will not be completed immediately. Forms will be available for pick-up or mailed (provided you have included a pre-addressed, stamped envelope) five business days after the form is delivered to Judicial Affairs. Incomplete requests or requests received without a stamped envelope will not be processed.
- If the institution you are applying to requires that our office mail it directly to them, you must provide a stamped and addressed envelope when you drop off your form. If you do not provide an envelope, you may pick up your paperwork after five business days.
- In lieu of a form, you can provide a pre-addressed and stamped envelope and a letter that includes the following:
- Your full name as it was while you were a student at Eastern Connecticut State University;
- Your student ID number and/or date of birth;
- Your current mailing address and phone number;
- The names and addresses of the schools or institutions to which you want your conduct information mailed.
Judicial Affairs will not fax Dean Certification/Disciplinary Release forms. This is the responsibility of the student.
For background checks, if you are with a government agency or if you are a private contractor:
- Typically, we will not be able to provide you with information immediately.
- You will need to leave your paperwork/forms with Judicial Affairs along with your business card. You will be called back with the results when they are ready. This may not be the same business day.
- Whether you notify us of your request via telephone, fax or by visiting our office in person, you need to choose one method of obtaining this information and remain consistent. For example, if you must make personal contact with our office, do not also fax or call our office. Multiple requests for the same information may cause delays.
Office of Judicial Affairs
Wood Support Services Center, Room 240
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226