Information Technology supports the mission of the University by providing leadership in technology research and implementation. ITS serves faculty, students, and staff with access to innovative technologies, platforms, resources, and state of the art facilities, along with strategic partnerships to create an environment conducive to learning, critical thinking, and engagement.
ITS provides a wide range of services for the campus including:
- Eastern’s network services, providing accounts, file storage, printing, websites, email, and other technology services.
- Essential help desk and core desktop support services, including configuration and installation of new PCs, and resolution of hardware and software problems.
- Software development and technical support of the University’s administrative systems (including Banner and E-Web).
- Support for the instructional computer and multimedia classrooms and the general-purpose computer lab.
- Support for course management systems and web page development.
- Media Services
- End-user training and documentation.
- Telecommunications support.
Information Technology Services has established an incident handling process that provides the framework for an orderly response to events that threaten or compromise the security, integrity or operation of computing resources at Eastern
Access to electronic services is governed by ECSU and CSU Policies. The ITS Help Desk at 1-860-465-4346 provides technical support. Inquires of a general nature should be directed to the Administrative Assistant at 1-860-465-5528.