Full-Time Central Office Staff
Director of Housing and Residential Life
- LaMar Coleman
- LaMar Coleman is the Director of Housing & Residential Life at Eastern Connecticut State University. He has a Master of Science degree from the University of Bridgeport in Student Affairs Administration/College Student Development & Counseling and a Master of Teaching degree in Educational Leadership and Instruction from Hampton University (Hampton, VA). He is a graduate of Hampton University (Hampton, VA) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Middle/Secondary Education.
- The Director is responsible for the overall administration of the Housing & Residential Life Department including supervising all professional staff, managing departmental budgets, developing policies and protocols, overseeing departmental initiatives, crafting strategic plans, handling crisis interventions, acting as the departmental liaison to the Office of Judicial Affairs, and serving on various committees (i.e. Student Intervention Team, Sexual Assault & Interpersonal Violence Response Team, Campus Safety Committee, and Enrollment Management Committee).
Associate Director of Housing and Residential Life
- Angela Bazin
- (860) 465-0147
- Angela Bazin is the Associate Director of Housing & Residential Life at Eastern Connecticut State University. She has a Master of Arts degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania (Indiana, PA) in Student Affairs in Higher Education. She is a graduate from Waynesburg College (Waynesburg, PA) with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology. Angela has been with Eastern since 1999, serving as a Hall Director, Area Coordinator, Associate Director and Acting Director.
- The Associate Director is responsible for the operational aspects of the Housing & Residential Life Department including overseeing housing occupancy, managing room selection/assignment processes (including winter intersession and summer), billing of housing-related fees, coordinating residence hall opening & closing procedures, facilitating housing for summer conference groups, assisting with facilities management issues, acting as the departmental webmaster, serves as departmental liaison to the Office of AccessAbility Services (OAS) and the Academic Services Center, facilitating departmental marketing and outreach initiatives, and serving on the Administrative Operations Committee and Community Life Improvement Project (CLIP) Committee.
Assistant Director of Housing and Residential Life
- Paul Serignese
- (860) 465-0012
- Paul Serignese is the Assistant Director of Housing and Residential Life. Prior to joining Housing and Residence Life staff here at Eastern, Paul worked in Student Activities, Student Life, and Residence Life since 1999 at Eastern and Southern Connecticut State Universities. He has a Master of Science degree in Organizational Management from Eastern Connecticut State University and Bachelor of Science in Research Psychology from Southern Connecticut State University.
- The Assistant Director is responsible for the programmatic aspects of the Housing & Residential Life Department including managing the Resident Assistant (RA) Program, leading staff training, developing programmatic initiatives, overseeing the residential education curriculum/programming model, coordinating departmental assessments, overseeing departmental technology (i.e. departmental database software), acts as the departmental liaison to the Office of Student Activities and Center for Community Engagement, and serves on the Student Affairs Assessment Committee.
- Sonya Alicea
- (860) 465-5297
- The Administrative Assistant is responsible for office management within the Housing & Residential Life Department to include supervising student office staff, facilitating the hiring process for all departmental student employees, assisting with departmental budgets, overseeing departmental paperwork and record keeping, coordinating vehicle reservations, providing exemplary customer service to visitors and callers, preparing departmental correspondences, provides back-up administrative support to the Office of Judicial Affairs and Dean of Students Office, serves as departmental liaison to Student Employment Office, and serves on the Community Life Improvement Project (CLIP) Committee.