Women’s Health Services
These examinations may include:
- Health history
- Breast exam
- Internal examination and pap smear* if indicated.
- Analysis of vaginal secretions
- Screening for sexually transmitted infection
- Discussion of contraceptive needs and contraceptive choices
- Birth control measures if elected by student. Some low cost contraceptives are available.
*Note: The current recommendation is for all young women, sexually active or not, to begin cervical cancer screening with a pap test at age 21.
All exams are by appointment. The visit for an annual GYN exam is free but a fee of $15 will be charged to cover expenses, including STD testing, if done. Most other visits for women’s health issues are also free, but there may be some charges for additional testing if needed. For further information or an appointment, please call Janine at Student Health Services, 860-465-5263.