Waiving Student Sickness Insurance Charges
If you have your own health insurance, please review your coverage carefully to see if it will meet your needs while you are at school. Some policies will cover you only if you see your primary care provider or if you obtain services from a pre-approved list of providers. If, after reviewing your policy, you feel it adequately covers your needs and you do not want the University-sponsored sickness insurance, you must waive it or you will be responsible for that portion of your bill. This waiver process must be completed at the start of each new academic year. Access to the online waiver site begins June 1st with the deadline to waive on October 15, 2013. For the spring semester, the waiving period starts November 15th with a March 15, 2014 deadline.
Please note: A late processing fee of $65 will be charged to all students who request a waiver after the October 15, 2013 deadline.
Insurance Waiver Instructions
- Access the secure area of E-Web
- Enter your Eastern ID number provided on your acceptance letter.
- Enter your PIN which is your birth date in MMDDYY format (e.g., 041389 if your birthday is April 13, 1989). If your birth date is not on file, your PIN is initially the last 6 digits of your Eastern ID number.
- From the Main Menu, choose: “Student Services”.
- From Student Services, choose: “Student Account”.
- Choose “Student Insurance Waiver”.
- From here, follow the instructions for entering your insurance information in order to waive the sickness insurance. Please make sure you enter the policy number and group number if both are available. Address information is often found on the back of your insurance card if one has been issued. DO NOT HIT THE BACK BUTTON OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR INFORMATION
For questions or problems related to Steps 2 and 3 above (Login to Secured Area of E-Web), please call the Information Technology Services Help Desk at 860-465-4346.
For questions about student insurance billing or waiving deadlines, please call the Bursar’s Office at 860-465-5276.
More information about the University-sponsored insurance plan will be sent to you by the Bursar’s Office at a later date. Or, you can visit www.aetnastudenthealth.com