We see students by appointment with the physician, nurse practitioners, or nurse. If you are ill and do not have an appointment, we will make arrangements to see you as soon as it is possible. Some laboratory testing is available on site. If necessary, we can arrange for diagnostic testing, such as x-rays or more extensive laboratory tests, at Windham Hospital. All visits are confidential. Likewise, all medical records maintained by the Health Service are confidential. No one outside the Health Service staff has access to them, and no one will be given information from them without your written consent. Medical records are kept on file for seven years after you leave Eastern.
The Student Health Service is also a wellness resource for students, offering educational and reference materials, programming, and professional consultation to assist inmaking healthier choices and achieving optimal physical and mental health. The goal is to help you prevent illness.
The dose schedule and allergens must be provided through a private allergist. We have a materials charge (syringes, alcohol wipes, etc.) of $10.00 per semester.
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) – $5.00
- Tetanus/Diphtheria – $27.00
- Hepatitis B – $35.00
- Hepatitis A – $5.00
- Menactra (Meningitis) – $115.00
- TB Skin testing – $5.00
- Flu Vaccine – $15.00
* Prices are subject to change.
Other Health Resources
- Students seeking help for a variety of mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, or stress management, or to address a problem with alcohol or other drugs, may be referred to Counseling Services.
- Students seeking help with physical and learning disabilities, or other challenges, should contact the Office of AccessAbility Services.