After Hours Care
Students needing medical attention in the evenings, or on weekends, when the Student Health Service is closed, have several options:
- For all medical or mental health emergencies, students should call 911. (Campus police also respond to all 911 calls.)
- An additional 24/7 resource for students is theInformed Health Line, a telephone service provided by Aetna Student Health, manned by registered nurses, that students can contact 24/7 with health questions. So if it is midnight and you have a terrible ear ache and want advice or information, you can call 800-556-1555. You do NOT need to have Aetna Student Insurance to use this service.
- For urgent health problems that cannot wait until the following day, students can go to MedEast Walk-In Center located at 1703 West Main Street in Willimantic, about 2 miles from campus. MedEast is open until 7 p.m, Monday through Friday and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on weekends. The telephone number is 860-456-1252.
- Also available for urgent problems that cannot wait is the emergency department at Windham Community Memorial Hospital located about 1 mile from campus. Open 24 hours. The telephone number is 860-456-6715.
- Another option for after hours care is the “Minute Clinic” at the CVS in Coventry, at the junction of Routes 31 and 44. Go to http://www.minuteclinic.com/ for details and directions.
- Another helpful resource is the Housing Staff including hall directors and residence assistants (RA’s).