Student Financial Awards for
Global Field Courses/Study Abroad
The Global Citizenship Council provides financial support to Eastern students participating in Global Field Courses and Study Abroad (in Eastern-affiliated programs). Awards are based on the student’s financial need and range from 20% of the total cost of the trip to a maximum of $750 (as long as funds are available). A FAFSA must be on file in the Financial Aid office upon submission of the application.
To apply for an award, you must submit a one-page letter indicating
- Your student ID number and up-to-date contact information, including phone number and email address.
- The Global Field Course or Study Abroad program to which the funds will be applied.
- How the experience will further your educational and career goals.
- An explanation of any extenuating financial circumstances.
- A statement indicating that a current FAFSA is on file with the Office of Financial Aid.
- An indication of whether and when you have previously received Global Citizenship funds for field courses or study abroad.
Please note that awards are not guaranteed.
Application deadlines follow the following schedule:
- Wintersession Global Field Courses and Spring Semester Study Abroad: October 15
- Spring Break Global Field Courses: December 9
- Summer Global Field Courses and Fall Semester Study Abroad: March 15
Please send your printed application materials to Carmen Diaz, Office of Academic Affairs, Gelsi-Young 2nd Floor and Barbara Liu, English Department, 225 Webb Hall.