First-Year Experience Goals
- To assist every first time, full time student towards a successful transition from high school to college level academics and to promote academic success
- To help first-year students understand the importance of modeling good behavior and respecting themselves and their community.
- To provide opportunities for new students to develop multicultural awareness and cultural competence.
- To provide students with information about campus resources and opportunities available on campus while establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships within the university community and a connectedness to campus life.
- To enable students to develop effective personal leadership development skills that will enhance their ability to become leaders who will contribute to the greater community.
- To encourage students to be socially responsible and by enlisting in civic engagement and service learning projects on campus and in the local community.
First-Year Experience Goals & Objectives (full document)