Applying for Admission as a Transfer Student
How are admission decisions at Eastern made?
Admission to Eastern is competitive. The Admission Committee considers many factors when evaluating applications for transfer admission. In general, applicants in good academic standing at their previously-attended institution(s) are offered admission to the University. Eastern seeks to enroll students who have demonstrated academic success in their previous college experience and who view Eastern as their university of first choice.
What about the admission interview?
While interviews are not required of students applying for transfer admission, the Admission staff may request an interview with certain applicants to obtain additional information or clarify information. Interested students are strongly encouraged to visit the campus. We offer tours specifically geared to Transfer students. To sign up, click here: http://www1.easternct.edu/admissions/visit-transfer/
To apply for admission, applicants must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission including the non-refundable $50 application fee.
Eastern’s Online Application or www.commonapp.org
- Official college transcripts from all previously-attended institutions.
- Official secondary school transcript including proof of graduation and/or General Education Diploma.
- SAT I or ACT scores- optional for course placement purposes only.
- TOEFL (Minimum TOEFL requirement: Score of 550 or 213 on the computer-based test. Required of international applicants only)
Submit admission requirements to:
Office of Admissions
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Transferring from another Connecticut State University or Connecticut Community College?
Click here to see how your courses may transfer to Eastern.
Please contact us by phone at (860) 465-5286, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at (860) 465-5544.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.