Applying for Admission as a First-Time Freshman
How are admission decisions at Eastern made?
Admission to Eastern is competitive. The Admission Committee considers many factors when evaluating applications for admission. The student admitted for the class of 2013:
- Ranked in the top half of their high school class
- Earned an average GPA of 3.1 (4.0 scale)
- The middle 50th percentile Critical Reading and Math SAT score between 930-1100
- Demonstrated academic success in a solid schedule of college preparatory courses in high school
What about the admission interview?
While interviews are not generally required of students applying for admission, the Admission staff may request an interview with certain applicants to obtain additional information or clarify information. Interested students are strongly encouraged to visit the campus. The Admissions’ information session and campus tour schedule can be found on-line at: http://www.easternct.edu/admissions/visit.htm
How do I apply?
To apply for admission, applicants must submit the following information to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed application for admission including the non-refundable $50 application fee.Eastern’s Online Application or www.commonapp.org
- An official secondary school transcript (including first quarter senior grades) and/or General Education Diploma.
- SAT I or ACT scores.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter must be from a counselor or teacher.
- College transcript(s) (if applicable).
- Essay-at least 250 words explaining why Eastern, Connecticut’s public liberal arts university, is the right college choice for you (this is a requirement for Eastern’s online application. If you are applying through the common app you may complete and send one of the common app essays.) Essays can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- TOEFL (Minimum TOEFL requirement: Score of 550 or 213 on the computer-based test. Required of international applicants only).
Submit admission requirements to:
Office of Admissions
Eastern Connecticut State University
83 Windham Street
Willimantic, CT 06226
Please contact us by phone at (860) 465-5286, by email at email@example.com or by fax at (860) 465-5544.
Eastern Connecticut State University admits students of any age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, or non disqualifying handicap to all the rights, privileges, programs and activity generally accorded or made available to students at the University.