- A specific, current psychiatric diagnosis as per the DSM-5 which indicates the nature, frequency, and severity of the symptoms upon which the diagnosis was predicted. A diagnosis without an explicit listing of current symptoms is not sufficient.
- A listing of prescribed medications, including dosages and schedules, which may influence the types of accommodations being requested.
- Indication of how the disability substantially limits major life activities and how these limitations would impact the individual’s ability to function in a college environment.
- Specific recommendations for how the effects of the disorder may be accommodated along with the rationale for each accommodation.
- The report must be on letterhead, typed, dated, and signed, including the name, title, and professional credentials of the appropriate mental health provider.
- Documentation is valid for six (6) months from the date on the report and must be updated accordingly in order to continue receiving services from the OAS.
- Mental health providers may also submit a Documentation of Disability Form as documentation.