The Office of AccessAbility Services
Note-Taker’s Requirements & Responsibilities
Complete the Online Note-Taker Training at: http://www.pepnet.org/e-learning/notetaker.
- Submit the Certificate of Completion from the online Note-Taker Training to the OAS no later than the first two weeks of accepting this position.
Supplying Class Notes
- Take class notes from lectures, films, speakers, class discussions, etc.
- Take notes for each class. If you miss a class, be sure to secure notes from another student.
- Supply your notes to the OAS within 24 hours after each class. The OAS will track each time you submit notes.
- If class is cancelled or if there are no notes for the class due to presentations or an exam, please let the OAS know via email: OASNotes@easternct.edu.
- On each page of class notes, be sure to indicate the course number, professor’s name, and date of the notes.
Typing Class Notes
- It is encouraged that you type your class notes. Please inform OAS staff if your professor does not permit laptops in class.
- You may email your notes to OASNotes@easternct.edu after each class.
Writing Class Notes
- If you choose to write your notes, please write legibly, in pen, on single-sided loose leaf paper.
- At the top each page of notes, be sure to indicate the course number and section, professor’s name, and date on which the notes were taken.
- You must come to the OAS, located in the lower level of Health Services, within 24 hours after each class so that we may make copies of your notes.
- You also have the option of scanning your notes and emailing them to OASNotes@easternct.edu.
- A Note-Taker who take notes for a course in which he/she is enrolled will be awarded $50 on his/her Eastern Express card upon completion of the semester.
- A Note-Taker who take notes for a course in which he/she is not enrolled will be awarded $75 on his/her Eastern Express card upon completion of the semester. Please contact the OAS if you are interested in taking notes for a course in which you are not enrolled.
- Compensation is dependent on completing the online Note-Taker Training and submitting notes consistently and on time throughout the semester.
- The Certification of Completion for the online Note-Taker Training will be kept on file for the Note-Taker pending future Note-Taker positions.
Please direct any questions about Note-Taking Services to:
You may also call the OAS at (860) 465-0189.