- Eastern’s Opera Workshop and Chamber Singers present An Afternoon of Opera for Children Eastern faculty and students will present “Magic, Myth and Mozart” -opera suitable for children and families- on Dec. 7, at 2:30 p.m. in the Betty R. Tipton Room.
- Eastern Seeks Nominations for MLK Award Eastern is accepting nominations for the 2014 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Distinguished Service Award. Nominees may be a part of the university campus community or from the greater community. Nominations will be accepted through Dec. 17.
- Fall 2013 English Night The English Department at Eastern will have its annual English Night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Dec. 5 in the Betty R. Tipton Room.
- President Núñez and Eastern Honored by Hartford Courant Eastern was again listed in the top five top workplaces in the large organization category by the Hartford Courant for 2012.
- I Speak Textbook: The Right Book For You Barnes & Noble has come up with a series of short sketches that explain textbook options to students.Check out the video for more information!
- Eastern Named “Green Campus” for 4th Year in a Row Eastern Connecticut State University is one of the 322 most environmentally responsible colleges in the United States and Canada, according to The Princeton Review.
- DHS Selects Eastern for Campus Resilience Pilot Program U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano today announced the selection of Eastern to participate in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Campus Resilience Pilot Program (CR Pilot).
- The Latino Migration Project Eastern and the Windham Textile and History Museum presents “The Latino Migration Exhibit,” running now through Dec. 8.
- Center for Early Childhood Education Wins Telly Award Eastern’s Center for Early Childhood Education (CECE) has been awarded a prestigious Telly Award for the production of “Investigating Balls” in the Internet/Online Video Education category.
- One of the Best in the Northeast Eastern has been named one of the top colleges in the Northeast by The Princeton Review.
- A College of Distinction Student Horizons, Inc., a leading publisher of college guides and informational materials for students considering their college options has announced that it has included Eastern in the 2013–14 edition of Colleges of Distinction.
- Eastern Offers Women’s and Gender Studies Major To better understand the historical factors that play a role in the status of gender in America, and the means by which women & other social groups have tried to achieve equality, Eastern now offers a major in Women & Gender Studies.
- Eastern Named a “2013 Great College to Work For” For the fifth year in a row, Eastern Connecticut State University has been named as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for, according to a new survey by The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Eastern Named to Community Service Honor Roll Eastern Connecticut State University has been named to President Obama’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll With Distinction. Eastern is one of only 110 schools in America with this distinction.
- Where’s the Shuttle Bus? Download a free mobile app and find out where the shuttle bus is every second of the day. Go to Eastern’s Transloc website to see the application and download it to your mobile phone. Accessible versions are also available.
- “Eastern Alert” An Emergency Notification System for Eastern students, faculty, and staff in cases of weather closings and campus emergencies. To sign up for text, voice, e–mail, and phone alerts, go to the Eastern Alert Website.
- FEATURED DONOR: SBM Charitable Foundation, Inc. The SBM Charitable Foundation, Inc. has given the University two major leadership gifts in support of early childhood education programs.
- College Portrait of Undergraduate Education Voluntary System of Accountability EARLY ADOPTER
- Eastern in Top 30: U.S. News and World Report For the third year in a row, Eastern Connecticut State University is ranked in the top 30 public universities in the North Region in U.S. News and World Report’s 2013 edition of Best Colleges.
- Rita Chiarelli & Wally Lamb — 10/9/2013 Tickets for Arts and Lecture Series events are $10 for the public; reserve by calling (860) 465-0036 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Open House for Prospective Students — 10/13/2013 We invite you and your family to join us for Fall Open House. It’s a great chance to learn more about Eastern and the many opportunities that await you at Connecticut’s public liberal arts university.
Harry Hope Theatre Season of Shows — 2013-14
Oct. 10-13 and Oct. 15-16 – Dancing At Lughnasa
Nov. 19-24 – The Skin of Our Teeth
Feb. 27-Mar. 2 and Mar. 4-5 – Prelude to a Kiss
Apr. 24-27 – Directors’ Showcase of International One-Acts
- A Message from Dr. Núñez
- A–Z Index
- Academic Calendar
- Admissions Application
- Career Services
- Community Engagement
- Class Schedule
- Continuing Education
- Net Price Calculator
- Dining Services
- Financial Aid
- Giving to Eastern
- Student Affairs